Volunteers are the life blood of foodbanks. Your skills could be just what we need.
Volunteers are the driving force behind foodbanks. There are thousands of volunteers across the UK, helping The Trussell Trust Foodbank Network get emergency food to people in crisis. We want you to enjoy volunteering and there are lots of ways to get involved. Whatever role you choose, you will make a real difference to the life of someone in crisis.
Rutherglen & Cambuslang Foodbank provided food packages for over 3000 people last year, and there is an expectation that this number to increase. We are committed to providing help to some of the most under privileged people in our local community and are currently looking for a volunteer Foodbank Manager to join the team. If you are driven to help others and are prepared to give up some of your free time then this might be the opportunity for you. Your responsibilities would include,
- Working with the volunteers,including Duty Managers and Support Workers, to ensure the smooth day to day running of the Foodbank Centres in Rutherglen, Cambuslang and Whitlawburn. Our Foodbanks are open 4 days a week.
- ArrangingFood Drives at local supermarkets and other events to keep warehouse stocks at a functional level.
- Liaisingwith Foodbank referrers, churches, council and other contributing parties.
- Representingthe Foodbank in the local community.
- Becominga member of the Foodbank committee, contributing to our longer term strategic goals to ensure the least privileged people in our area are given a source of food.
- Maintaining up to date membership records of all our volunteers.
- Arranging training for volunteers as and when required
It is envisaged that 12 hours per week is needed to meet the needs of this position. The position would suit someone of any age providing they are an enthusiastic communicator with a commitment to Foodbanks
The closing date for this position is 15th June 2017.
Helping at a foodbank centre
Meet clients and give out food parcels. Have an informal chat with clients over a cup of tea, to discuss their situation and signpost to further support.
If you are interested in volunteering please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!